JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Group text persons contact icon has second badge

(Topic created: 09-16-2023 03:27 PM)
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I noticed on one of my conversations that there is an extra little badge on one of my group members' contact icon. It's a crown. I don't know what it's supposed to mean or where it came from. See screenshot...

Crown in addition to person's icon
7 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is this person the individual who initiated the group chat? The crown symbol typically indicates that the person is the group leader or that they have some sort of additional admin privileges, like being able to add or remove people.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
No, I'm the group owner.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm. The crown symbol usually means that this person is the group leader, or has some sort of additional admin privileges like being able to add or remove people.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The thing is that I can add/remove people too but I don't have that crown badge. The ability to sign a group leader is greyed out for me but in other group conversations that I started, that works. I'll have to ask my daughter to see if something happened and if I can change things.
I'm wondering if the app made the change itself.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's fixed now. I directed my daughter to open the conversation and I fixed it by assigning new group leader.
The odd thing was that the app had changed it quite a while ago and none of us knew what happened.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So your daughter was the group leader after all? I thought this might be the case! Nevertheless, I'm glad this is resolved now! If you could, kindly mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by my previous post about the crown representing admin privileges/group leadership. This way the information will stay active in the Community to benefit other Members as well! 🙂