JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 07:44 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
89 Replies
KAMARUL HASAN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem reported  hear  but Samsung  not supported 

0 Likes
KAMARUL HASAN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Very same full for Samsung india not agree this is a problem

0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen the discussion about Samsung India on X  as well. heard that they'll replace the new phone after a full check-up and a new software update is coming. i hope it could solve the issue because it's 1300 usd phone and we paid for the best, not a defective one.

i've turn off the focus enhancer and it's working just fine for now. Still warping on zoom in effect between 3x and 5x lens but i'll accept that.  will check with the store if i have time for today 

0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Update on this issue: I tried to turn off the focus enhancer and it seems to be normal for now! Will update later if any issues arise ^^ Thank you so much 

0 Likes
TechGeek_Nitesh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Ya even I checked In Raw but only issue in the default camera App, I feel it's software bug

0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
That's focus enhancer feature so it's normal and not a real issue.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/CamCyclopedia/Focus-Enhancer/ba-p/13738734
0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've noticed that earlier and after turning it off the issue is now gone. However, I'm still facing the same problem while switching between the 3x and 5x lenses and some weird contrast adjustments. Hope to see some updates soon. 

0 Likes
Kaladin05
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
*update* I spoke with a Samsung Care rep while at work and they approved a replacement phone for me. However, I had to pay for the replacement phone and when I receive it and send the faulty S24 Ultra back to Samsung then they will give my money back. I'm not too cool about that process but as long as I get a working faulty free S24 Ultra and my money back I'll be okay. I'll update whenever I get the phone. And just to be clear, in my case I bought the phone through Samsung, something I always do. In my opinion, they have the best offers when one of their new products drop. And I made an issue about the faulty zoom within the 14 day from purchase date. And at least from the reps I spoke with, Samsung is fully aware of this issue.
0 Likes
Kaladin05
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally, believe it is a hardware problem. The customer service reps remotely went through my phone trying all sorts of options and changing settings. The result was the same. The zoom was not properly working. I went to Best Buy and their display S24 Ultra model zoom was nice and smooth just like my S23 Ultra was. All I'm saying is that the longer you wait past your purchase date for a "software update" the harder it is going to be to address a problem that Samsung already is aware of. Unless, you have insurance through Samsung Care plus, by waiting you run the risk of being denied a replacement phone because you were past the 14 day warranty and you run the risk of accidentally damaging your phone yourself. And unless you have insurance through Samsung Care plus, then there's nothing you can do except pay out of pocket for a new phone because they're going to put the blame for any issue with the phone on you. So my advice, don't wait.
0 Likes
GeeTV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung has to fix image-shifting issue on the camera. Not sure if it's hardware or software. Who else has the same issue?
Awaiting for my replacement unit. 
Check the sample video below.