Original topic:

S23U: Documents sent from phone to printer come out fuzzy

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
dmalysh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

I have had my S23U phone for almost a year. I had no issues printing documents from my phone in the past. Then I traveled to 5 different countries over the summer. When I got back, my phone is not the same anymore. Every document I send to HP printer, the text comes out blurry/fuzzy. I tried different plugins(default, Samsung, HP) to no avail. All other Samsung phones we have in the household(S23,S24,S21) and all our Windows laptops don't have such issue. The prints sent from those devices come out nice and sharp. It's just my phone. Any idea what could go wrong? Maybe I need to reset some settings in my phone? I have no idea where to begin.

Please help!

9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

Really, this should have nothing to do with the phone itself. Perhaps the print service app got corrupted. You may have to uninstall and reinstall the print service.

0 Likes
dmalysh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I did reinstall both, HP and Samsung print plug-ins. Nothing changed after reinstall. I couldn't figure out how to uninstall or at least reset the default print plug-in service. I'm on the verge of resetting the phone to factory settings in the hopes this will resolve the issue.. but I would really like to avoid such drastic measure.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you try turning off the sliders one by one? Perhaps they are conflicting. You only need one--whichever one works.
0 Likes
dmalysh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I tried all possible variations. I would leave only default print service plug in on. I would download other plug ins one by one and turn only those on one at a time. I just downloaded one more plug in. Nothing works! šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€:female_sign:

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried optimizing your apps and deleting the cache partition? I don't understand how this could be the phone itself, as document rendering is done through the print service, just like a computer has the printer spooler. You could see what happens if you share one of the items you want to print with one of your other devices and print from there.

Last resort would be to make sure your documents are backed up somewhere and factory reset your phone and restore your backup.
0 Likes
dmalysh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

When I say the phone, I mean it has something to do within the phone, not the printer or wifi or anything else. So I am focusing on looking for something that went wrong in the phone settings maybe.. just like you said, it could be a corrupt app or something... 

I recently bought a truck. I took it to a car service for inspection and was going to go get the license plates after that. But I forgot to bring the bill of sale with me, so I asked the guy at the car service to use his printer to print that document from my phone.. Guess what? The document came out looking like brown substance from their printer, too lol

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try to do all that and see what happens.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Sending it to another phone will help determine if it's your phone corrupting the document or the print spooler.
0 Likes
dmalysh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I sent a document from my phone to another. Printed it from that other phone. The document came out nice and sharp. 

So no matter what printer is used, it corrupts the documents that I send from my phone.. The communication between the phone and the printers is messed up, it seems. Do I reset wifi settings on my phone maybe? I'll try that..

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23

You could try that, but perhaps a deleting the cache partition first and if that fails, factory reset may be the only option. The cache is where the documents would spool.

0 Likes