Original topic:

APN Settings removed after reboot

(Topic created: 02-04-2024 08:33 AM)
DavidZeb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a Verizon Galaxy S23 Ultra (unlocked) and am currently trying US Mobile.  This requires entering 4 APNs for the esim, which I can do just fine and the service works great.... Until I reboot the phone and all 4 APN entries are gone.

Entering 4 APNs after a reboot is a major hassle, and honestly a safety issue as I will not have any service until at least one of the APNs are entered.

Has anyone found a solution for this?  Is it maybe only a Verizon firmware issue?

15 Replies
Mike2861
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been having the same issue since the November update. My wife and I both have s23's and are both on US Mobile. I've given up as they have zero intention of fixing the problem and yes.....I've tried everything. I disputed the charges for the purchase price of both phones through Visa since neither phone can be "used as intended" and Samsung doesn't give a **bleep**.
0 Likes
userBmtbQYXAp8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I just installed a new update and 1 APN now remains after a reboot.  I didn't test everything, but MMS definitely doesn't work until I readd the missing APNs again. 

Data and text SMS seems to work with just the one 

0 Likes
Members_rKlN029
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I too have been having the problem since December, I believe. S21 on US mobile....
So annoying that they are not providing a fix for this. I don't think I will buy Samsung again.

0 Likes
Lizzy_K1369
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue since switching from Xfinity mobile to Ting mobile. I have to re-enter all APNS provided by my carrier after restart and they don't stay connected when out running errands. 2 of 3 samsungs have updated in the last 4 days and now we can't even send MMS to anyone even with all APNS configured in settings. Seems odd being as both carriers operate in same method and I never had this issue with Xfinity aside for outrageous plan cost for me.
0 Likes
Samsungowner1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I also have the same issue with the APNS on an unlocked, former verizon s21+, and hope Samsung fixes the problem with an update. I am currently on the US mobile network and have to re-enter the APNs every time I restart my phone. 

0 Likes
Anthony2k24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

US Verizon
Galaxy S21 5G
SM-G991U
Android 14
up-to-date

Default APN does not include ipv4 so it breaks connectivity with lots of apps.
APN resets on reboot.
I have to manually re add the correct APN after every reboot.
This should NOT happen at all.
But now that it did happen, it should be fixed with the highest priority possible.

This disrupts connectivity on a MOBILE DEVICE, keyword. MOBILE.

Thank you and please fix ASAP.

0 Likes
user0R56XGtdtS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm using S24 ultra and having the same issue recently as the APN settings wipe out on their own after reboot.

After manually adding them back, if I restart my phone, the APN settings are still there, however in the scenario where phone battery dies and after recharging it and rebooting, the APN settings are wiped out.

Please help and fix this issue in the next software update

0 Likes
user0R56XGtdtS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Called Samsung technical support and they agreed this issue is related to bug in the previous software update. Samsung technical support also agreed to share feedback internally to request fix patch, however no timelines or promises. 

Net net, this is a Samsung software issue, (and is not a device issue or sim card issue or mobile provider issue), however Samsung can not guarantee when a fix patch would be released....

This is so pathetic and embarrassing for Samsung.....

0 Likes
Bulletbling
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here on an S23 Ultra and an S22 with US Mobile. Apn settings are always wiped after reboots and cannot use internet or mms 

0 Likes