JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google photo app for default

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userodqIMa33d8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I've been happily using Google photos app. For years. A few days ago for unknown reason, my photos are going to the Gallery photo app. I followed some instructions from here. I could get Samsung apps up and my other Google apps if I wanted to switch one of those. But, Galaxy photo app isn't listed as one I can change. How do I get the Google photo app back? I'm old and only own this cell phone. No computer or other things. I can follow directions. The last one I tried did not work. Yikes! I need some help! Please... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userodqIMa33d8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yippee! I finally got it! Thank you! 

I'm old and my husband and I use one cell phone. It's smart, but I'm not! 

I appreciate your help and patience very much!

View solution in context

4 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
Seeing 2 things so one should work in the gallery tap album or folder top 3 dots should see move option select Google photos second thing I saw open Google photos ar top tap create than get photos tap import other places I would also suggest going to settings than apps to the photo apps and on Google photos select as default
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@userodqIMa33d8 Gallery has always has your photos whether you used it or not.

• Previously Google photos was the default backup app for the Gallery. You could enable this inside the Gallery settings. 
  • A few years ago, Samsung changed the default backup app to OneDrive. This can be enabled inside the Gallery settings.

It seems like you may have recently just gotten the software updated to see this change. Given all of that, you can still open Google Photos, go to settings, click Backup and enable it. All of your photos will then be backed up to, and appear in, Google Photos. 

0 Likes
Solution
userodqIMa33d8
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Yippee! I finally got it! Thank you! 

I'm old and my husband and I use one cell phone. It's smart, but I'm not! 

I appreciate your help and patience very much!

lalamagaga
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I can't download any apps from play store on a brand new a15.
0 Likes