JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to prevent 911 from being dialed on Samsung A53?

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 05:03 PM)
Members_fBeLoy6
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello All,

How do I prevent or make it difficult for somebody to dial 911 on a Samsung A53 phone?

I need to stop my 88 year mother from making 911 calls that are non-emergency.

Thanks

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Members_fBeLoy6 There is no way to do this. The FCC laws require a cell phone to be able to call 911 even without a SIM card. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Members_fBeLoy6 There is no way to do this. The FCC laws require a cell phone to be able to call 911 even without a SIM card. 

Member23
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It's possible that she has emergency SOS activated on her phone where if you hit the side button five times it will immediately call 911 and any emergency contacts that you've added. Going to her settings and search for SOS and you'll find it under Advanced options, at least that's how it works on my s23
Members_fBeLoy6
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thanks for the tips, but does this actually prevent someone from going to the phone app and punch in 911?  This is how my mom is dialing 911 for non-emergencies.   From a previous post, I can see this is not possible as the FCC requires that a phone be able to dial 911. 

Moonbase1
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Get her a tablet instead. I wish i could help you. Good luck. I feel for you.
Members_fBeLoy6
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Can you disable the phone app on the phone and then use What's app to make the phone call?

0 Likes
Members_fBeLoy6
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

What if I cut the phone service with T-Mobile, and then enable the wi-fi to connect to her home’s internet.   Then, use WhatsApp for VOIP phone calls that does not allow 911,

Will this work?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Members_fBeLoy6 That will not prevent it. The phone has latent cellular connection abilities. If she dials 911 from the keypad, the phone will connect to cellular service (even with no SIM card installed) and place the call. This is the law. 

0 Likes