JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra Book Cover Keyboard Bug

(Topic created: 04-25-2024 11:17 AM)
Aladdien
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
This Bug has existed since Launch, I have tried restarting the device, resetting it. I purchased and returned 3 Different Book Cover Keyboards.  I cleaned the Pins.

I don't know why it is happening, at random. The keyboard will disconnect for 2-3 seconds. It will either stop typing or repeat the last input (aaaaaaa. Like that).

The only solution I found was to disable the track pad. But for a Keyboard Cover that costs $350. That shouldn't be the case. Samsung. Look into this bug. 

Edit: 
I have submitted a Warranty Claim. I will update this once I receive the new unit.
18 Replies
Aladdien
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No clue
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Nope

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
LostWages
Constellation
Options
Tablets
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Some thoughts. 

Three defective keyboards tells me that it's possible that it's either the tablet or an app on the tablet.  There are not enough complaints here to suggest that every keyboard is bad.

A Factory Reset which includes restoring from backup is not conclusive.  Either a Factory Reset without restoring backup and then using it like that or  to a lesser assurance, a Safe Boot and using it would be more conclusive that it's a systemic keyboard issue. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Chris0095
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I did a hard reset on mine and was able to replicate the issue. This was replicated before I reinstalled any apps.
0 Likes
Bassin131
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I was wondering why my keyboard only works sometimes, now I know. Guess I will submit a warranty claim myself. Thank you to the previous posters.
0 Likes
Members_9z3qMFM
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same issue here. Keypad disconnects from tablet for a few seconds, the digital keyboard pops out then disappears, then the physical keyboard works again.  There are also times where letters are duplicated. Then there's also times when the track pad will just be a pain to use.  I am disappointed Samsung.

Alipio
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Oh my god same problem here

Everytime I enter a textfield, while I'm typing, the keyboard looks like it loads and while it is loading the virtual keyboard keeps typing the same character  for a while, repeating whatever the character I typed last.

Sometimes when I change from a textfield to another, this does not happens, but sometimes it does happen many times while changing from in and out of the textfield / textbox

0 Likes
Alipio
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just realized that this just happens if I touch the text box with the finger. If I click with the touchpad, this disconnection does not happens

0 Likes