Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 is unuseable after One UI 6.1.1

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userCeUA0Rs2y6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Got the 6.1.1 update today and it has turned my tablet into a paperweight. I cannot do any work on it whatsoever. I enter my PIN, it tries to load One UI but fails 3 times, goes into safe mode, then crashes and reboots. I have already tried restoring by backup and factory resetting, all the same results. This tablet has always been perfectly fine up until this update. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a US Wifi only model.
0 Likes
4 Replies
userCeUA0Rs2y6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
This is what it looks like after it crashes. Eventually it crashes again.20240924_224435_1000024881_1727235875.jpg20240925_011947_1000024913_1727245204.jpg
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Sorry to hear this you would need to have the software reinstalled to hopefully fix this issue.  I suggest contacting a authorized Samsung repair center for help.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userCeUA0Rs2y6
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hey there. I just tried reinstalling the firmware and got the same results šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I got it on my S8+ it works fine. Sounds like a hit or miss. I use mine for work, too. So, I would be disappointed if it stops working, I didn't trade in my s7. I love it, so I know how inconvenient not having it working could be. Did you try draining the battery and then recharging it to 100% after it has been off for a while? Like a fresh boot. Another recourse is to use the boot menu to clear the cache. Worse case scenario reset from there. But try your Samsung Cloud restore tool. And go to the Samsung store to see if you have app updates.
0 Likes