JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the galaxy tablet s9 ultra Samsung keyboard work detached from the tablet

(Topic created: 04-15-2024 02:34 PM)
Members_YirrRnI
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks for your time in looking into this for me...

I want to purchase the Samsung Keyboard for my Tab s9 Ultra.

But, I want to know does the keyboard detached from my tablet still interact with my tablet (i.e. still type etc. as if it were connected).

I know it will bluetooth connect to other bluetooth.

I currently use a Logi keyboard with my Tab s9 Ultra and like the freedom being separate of the tablet.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

I didn't understand "Add an Email to your account". I know that Samsung does currently have my email address...

Thanks again for your help...

-Bud

4 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
From what I know the keyboard has to be attached to work

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

"I didn't understand "Add an Email to your account". I know that Samsung does currently have my email address..." 

That's in case you want to add a secondary email to your account.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
There are POGO pins on the tablet and keyboard. It's an electronic connection that supplies power to the keyboard. They will not work separately!
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

A search of Amazon for "Tab s9 Ultra keyboard cover" will return many keyboard covers including designs that are similar to the Samsung cover but are Bluetooth and not pogp  pin so that they can be detached and used off the tablet. 

One warning for both the Samsung Bookcover Keyboard and others of the same design, they are not very good for lap operations as the flip out stand does not provide enough support on soft or uneven surfaces.  If you want to use the keyboard on your lap like you would a Laptop computer, then a folio style case is the better option. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro