Original topic:

Call and text on other device

(Topic created: a week ago)
Stress325
Constellation
Options
Tablets
So I'm on Verizon and I have a galaxy z fold 6 and a galaxy tab 8+ 5g. I have both devices linked and settings set to use wifi and mobile data. But when I go to make a call on my tablet using mobile data it instantly hangs up and tells me to to make sure my other device has "text and calls on other device turned on". Like i said it is turned on. I've removed and relinked, restarted both devices checked my network and it still doesn't work. It only works with wifi. Does Verizon not allow mobile calls on tablet using nework?
2 Replies
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Do you have the continuity service updated?
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The easiest way to make mobile calls is to use Samsung Messages on both devices.   Calling from a tablet is not like on your phone, there is no 
"Phone" icon. 
Once Call and Text is set up and it shows both devices connected, in Samsung Messages open a message and click on the contact.  You should see a phone icon which will call that contact. 

And yes, I do this on my Verizon Fold 6 and WiFi Tab S8U

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes