(Topic created: 04-10-2024 01:16 AM)
capnfalkon
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Permanent fix for eARC Soundbars:

Goto All Settings \ Sound \ Expert Settings

Switch eARC to Auto

I've been using it like that for days and days - no drops!

=================================================================

Temporary fix for non-eARC Soundbars:

Goto

All Settings

Sound

Expert Settings

DiGital Output Format

Select PCM

Works for me. Couple of hours without a single drop.

Id suggest we each take this with your local Samsung distributor. The more pressure we put on them the better.

==============

Original Story:

I have a per of QN90c 75" TV and a Q990B soundbar.
After the TV was updated I immediately noticed sound drops with my soundbar. The drops would come at random intervals. Resetting the TV does not help. Neither does changing sound modes. Output via TV Speakers seems to be working fine drops-free.
Searching online i found a few more similar cases with different Samsung TV models and Samsung soundbars affected by the same firmware.

Here's one:

issu with sound after last update - Version 1402.5 - S95C : r/S95C (reddit.com)

185 Replies
FistFight
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Having the same issue also and would love to know its being worked on and a fix is on the way. I just bought this TV and to already be having issues feels just wrong.
The website only shows 1310.3 available now, so the update has been pulled from there. 

ludOh29200
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi i called french Samsung support today. No solution for the moment we must wait to a future update with no date for this update...:-(. The sound problem was already reported from other customers.

LudOh
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

***Update***

A software update has been released that should have addressed these symptoms. Please ensure that you have the latest update for your television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/ 

Hello, Everyone.  The user's comments are correct. I've received word that our engineers have recognized these symptoms and are working on a resolution.  I have sent all the info that everyone has dropped on this thread over to help provide even more insight. Thank you so much to everyone who has provided this information to us, and helped build us towards a resolution!  

In the interim,  One thing we can do that will help alleviate some of the stress is to change the digital audio output format to PCM or Pass-through.

To do that just go to Settings > All settings> Sound>Expert Settings>Digital Audio Output Format> PCM or Pass-Through. 

Please also note that if you utilize an application, the app will sometimes automatically change this setting. (personally, I have seen this with apps such as Netflix and Hulu) - I would recommend double-checking the settings after you launch the app and begin the stream.

I will update everyone as soon as I have any further info to provide! Thanks again! 

Moosketair
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for the reply, hoping not to wait months for the fix.

Speaking of passtrought, it would still be very appreciated to enable it even for applications. For example, on Plex, to get good quality sound on certain content I am forced to use an Nvidia Shield, because the TV does not support certain formats, but my soundbar does, and yet it is a Samsung...

Yungmike
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Any news on audio issue  update for UK  ? 

0 Likes
TheHahnster
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Fantastic. I have a Qe85 and the issue occurs when the sound output is set to Auto. As Samsung have suggested I am using pass through for connected devices and PCM for internal apps and broadcast tv. Unfortunately the tv PCM is not 5.1 so I’m not getting the best out of the internal apps. I have to use my Apple TV box to play apps through that so I can use pass through and so get 5.1. 
I spoke to Samsung on the phone and they said they were working on an update. It’s just when? Fingers crossed it will be soon. 

0 Likes
shalevagr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey,

Any news on audio issue update?

0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just to confirm I am also having this issue since this new 1402 update!! It seems to mostly occur connected to hdmi vs wireless. I have the 65q90c with the q990c! Both were bought brand new. 

however, there are other major issues since the update. 

1. The picture on the Q90C seems slightly fuzzy compared to how it was prior. 
2. I have to turn HDMI -eArc mode “off” in order to get Dolby digital/plus from ANY source! That includes all the streamers, YouTube, dish network, etc. I’ve tried everything option with no luck. As long as it’s turned off, Atmos and all other Dolby formats come thru the Q990C. 
2a. Since the update, selecting auto-eArc to “auto” permanently sets the q990C to “stereo pcm” regardless of source (except in atmos codec). *prior to update, q990c would adjust to the source content with the exception of dish network that required the Digital Output to be set to “pass-through” *** “auto defaults to stereo pcm regardless *** 

3. The *123 “quick settings” button will only enable the quick settings option for about 3 seconds then it timed out before you even have time to hit the next setting option. 
3a. Quick settings feature is also massively delayed compare to how fast it was prior. 

4.  The Q990C is still dropping wifi signal on a regular basis  I usually have to reset and re register the soundbar about once or twice a week 

5.  The soundbar when connected to hdmi has this “static like” sound coming from different speakers in the system.  Mainly from the center channel but also sometimes the rears as well as the subwoofer seems to cut out about that same time 

5a.  Yes, I’ve changed hdmi cables numerous times, even ordered a new one I thought was a quality cable off Amazon, only to realize the hdmi cable that came with the bar worked better.  Hdmi either works or doesn’t.  When connected over wifi, static sound doesn’t seem to happen as much  

Sorry for the long reply, I’ve been trying to find the words to express the problems I’ve been having.  Almost everything worked fine in both 65q90C and Q990C prior to 1402.5 update except for the wifi dropout  

Please advise! 

Musa Top
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My TV is QE75Q80CAT.
After the 1402.5 update the picture became blurry.

0 Likes
Musa Top
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

1402.5 UPDATE DISASTER.
My TV is QE75Q80CAT.
After the 1402.5 update the picture became blurry.
Why does Samsung make such a mistake?