JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using my Samsung Remote to control volume on LG soundbar

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
userBXxYy8lxbX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a qn65q7daafxza smart TV.  When I watch programs from cable or DVR, I use my Bose whole house system for sound.  When I watch with the TV only (ie Samsung plus) I want to get sound to my LG sound bar which is connected via digital audio out.  I would like to control the volume of the LG sound bar with the Samsung TV remote.  I cannot seem to make this work.  How do I set this up?

Dennis

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Hello! @userBXxYy8lxbX  Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. Can you check the TV sound output settings? press the home button on your remote then navigate to Settings> Sound> Sound Output. Ensure the sound output is set to the audio out/ optical( or digital audio out, depending on the menu wording?

Even though the soundbar is connected via optical, enabling anytnet+ might allow the TV remote to communicate better with external devices. Go to Settings> General> External Device Manager> Anynet+( HDMI-CEC) and ensure it is turned on. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Hello! @userBXxYy8lxbX  Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. Can you check the TV sound output settings? press the home button on your remote then navigate to Settings> Sound> Sound Output. Ensure the sound output is set to the audio out/ optical( or digital audio out, depending on the menu wording?

Even though the soundbar is connected via optical, enabling anytnet+ might allow the TV remote to communicate better with external devices. Go to Settings> General> External Device Manager> Anynet+( HDMI-CEC) and ensure it is turned on. 

Please let me know if this helps.

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes