JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to download stopwatch and timer apps on galaxy watch

(Topic created: a month ago)
fDYpIV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I've recently switched from a note 10 to an S23 FE and when I try to find the stopwatch and timer apps for my galaxy watch, it no longer shows up for me in the store, from my understanding, this would be an issue with specific phone models and that samsung normally fixes this and I want to be sure that they are going to fix this.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is no longer support for the Tizen watches and, therefore, no downloads or new apps for the watch. I actually always thought those apps were integrated into the watch OS, because I never had to download them on my watch 2.

View solution in context

5 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@fDYpIV0 Which Galaxy Watch are you using?

For any Galaxy Watch from the 4 and later, you would use Google Play store to find apps. Those devices use Google's Wear OS. 

0 Likes
fDYpIV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm using the original galaxy watch, so the only way to install apps is via samsungs store, I've never had an issue installing the timer and stopwatch apps when I had my note 9 and 10 but when it comes to the S23 FE, it just doesn't show up.

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is no longer support for the Tizen watches and, therefore, no downloads or new apps for the watch. I actually always thought those apps were integrated into the watch OS, because I never had to download them on my watch 2.
fDYpIV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I see, that sucks, but thank you.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I know I hate getting rid of perfectly functional equipment.

0 Likes