JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung's Surprising Omission: No Dvorak Keyboard Layout

(Topic created: 02-18-2024 11:13 AM)
MuttCutts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
 It's pretty surprising that Samsung, a leader in the tech industry, still doesn't offer the Dvorak keyboard layout on its devices. The Dvorak layout, known for its efficiency and ergonomic benefits, is a popular alternative to the standard QWERTY layout, and its absence on Samsung devices is a notable oversight. 

In an era where customization and user preference are essential, the inability to opt for Dvorak on Samsung products is a significant limitation. For a company that prides itself on innovation, this lack of support for a widely recognized keyboard layout is both surprising and disappointing. 

Considering the diverse needs and preferences of users today, Samsung needs to incorporate the Dvorak layout, ensuring they cater to all their customers and maintain their standing as a user-centric brand.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Deja3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You can create a Dvorak keyboard in the GoodLock app, using Keys Cafe...1710388452507_1710388452497_0.jpg

View solution in context

10 Replies
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
As with most stock Samsung apps, the keyboard app is not well fleshed out. Many third party keyboard apps have that keyboard including Gboard, the Google developed keyboard. I rather imagine like many Samsung apps have already been, the keyboard app will be eventually depreciated much like it's email app and text messages app have been, inferior to third party apps.
0 Likes
MuttCutts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You raise a valid point about the limitations of stock Samsung apps, including the keyboard. The observation that many of Samsung's in-house apps aren't as robust or feature-rich as their third-party counterparts is something I've noticed as well. The preference for apps like Gboard, which offer a wider range of layouts including Dvorak, is understandable and seems to be a common choice among users who seek more versatility.

Your perspective on the potential future of Samsung's keyboard app is intriguing. The idea that it might follow the path of other Samsung apps, like the email and text messages apps, and become depreciated in favor of superior third-party alternatives, is a strong possibility. It reflects a broader trend in the smartphone industry where built-in apps often struggle to compete with the innovation and user experience offered by third-party developers.

This situation underscores the importance of choice and customization in the user experience. It's crucial for major tech companies like Samsung to either enhance their native apps to match user expectations or provide seamless integration and support for third-party alternatives. Your insight is greatly appreciated and offers a lot to consider, especially for someone like me, transitioning back to Samsung after a long stint with iOS.
0 Likes
MuttCutts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have experience using all the apps that you mentioned. However, I have yet to try Yandex, and I'm curious about it. As for browsers, I prefer to use either Edge or Brave due to their speed and reliability.
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

"I have experience using all the apps that you mentioned. However, I have yet to try Yandex, and I'm curious about it."

Only one reason I'm using Yandex:
"Voice to Text"

Yandex is a little bit faster when dictating text compared to Samsung and Gboard.

"As for browsers, I prefer to use either Edge or Brave due to their speed and reliability."

I used to use Edge on my S23U (backup phone) and I still like it. I've been changing browsers over the years for the exactly same reason... 

Font Size.

Oh yes, its my OCD 😳

Browsers for me need to have certain header/content size ratio otherwise it drives me nuts. So font size & zoom adjustments are a must.

Unfortunately I could be perfect fine with whatever browser for months and sometimes years, until a software update comes and screws up everything. 😔

That's why I don't like iPhones. Their overall font sizes were always way too small for my taste.

Solution
Deja3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You can create a Dvorak keyboard in the GoodLock app, using Keys Cafe...1710388452507_1710388452497_0.jpg
MuttCutts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
BRB 🏃🏻
0 Likes
MuttCutts
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Life saver !
Deja3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Would you mind marking this as a solution? It helps other people, with the same question, find answers easier 😁