JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 11:44 AM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

89 Replies
Pawlik
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

There are more camera issues I have experianced on my s24 ultra - the light sensor plays up switching from very dark to very ligh photo preview if you hold your camera pointed on the object. It cant work out the right exposure. This is mainly indoor experience. Some photos are very nice. The other half is just awful. The autofocus is also wrong many times. Videos quality are very poor too. Ive just returned my phone today.

Options
Galaxy S24
That is bad. I hope they can extend my trade-in time frame for my old phone.
0 Likes
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Why should it not move? You are switching to a different camera that is actually in a different position.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
It should not move or switch the focus point. Try another phone, I try my s23 ultra and my friend's ip 15 pro max. No matter what lens you switch, WON'T move.
userxumOh1BYjk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello. I had a problem with S24 Ultra as well, bad auto focus or out off focus on 5- 10 zoom. Than I decided to remove the protection case and my problem is gone. I have to find right case!
DusLi1908
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

looks like same solution works for me. When I have took off case issue is gone

Wabs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Removing my case did not fix my  issue with the camera.  Unfortunately.

0 Likes
ALX3000
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Have the same problem here in Australia. 512gb s24Ultra.

I wonder if it's only the 512gb models? Mine is made in Vietnam.

I got mine through a phone carrier and called tech support on the 2nd day. He said samsung knows and it'll be fixed with an update. Then I said it's not possible cause if it's a software issue then would all have it, since we all have the same software.

But since this problem is only affecting a bunch of phones then it's only logical that it's a hardware issue. In the end he agreed to send me a replacement.

It's very frustrating!! So far not happy with S24 Ultra camera! My S20 FE takes as good photos! There is always post processing happening on photos even when hdr off in cam assist and processing set to minimum. Photos just look disgusting. Those will be addressed with software update surelly but for crying out loud, nobody did a camera test before shipping the phones ????????and I also took a landscape shot and the trees edges are overlly sharp and swamped with chromatic aberation..

U G L Y

Pondering changing to a 15ProMax😮💨

Options
Galaxy S24
Are they willing to send you a replacement one? That's nice. I don't know what Samsung will do here in US. It has not been a smooth sail for the 24.
userXZDOaUjeRh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I got my phone directly from Samsung.com and they are not doing an replacement as of now we have to get an refund and re-order and now that the prices is not the same as pre order price you have be in the call with Samsung for an hour to get the price match
0 Likes