JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra: Unable to choose different SIMs for phone calls and cellular network usage

(Topic created: 07-24-2024 12:18 PM)
adrianyepremyan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. It's been a week with my new S24 Ultra, and one thing that really bothers me is that I am unable to use my SIM1 (physical) for phone calls and SMS, and the SIM2 (eSIM) for the cellular network.

There's no such option to choose in the Settings app. I am able to choose only the Primary SIM, which uses the chosen SIM for everything, which is not useful in my case. I saw a similar question asked, but there were no solutions posted. I wanted to know if I can use two eSIMs at the same time, and if by doing that I might be able to have more control over them or not, because I can swap my physical SIM with another eSIM easily.

22 Replies
Members_PMcgBOa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Found a solution on Reddit:

Lastest trick for Android 14 One UI 6 Snapdragon (esim version). When we use primary sim option, mobile use that sim for all call, sms, & data. But people want to use data from sim 1 or calls from sim2. So here is solurion.

1- Set sim 1 or 2 that you want to use for data.
2- Install Phone by google
3- Set as default > Settings > Calling Accounts > Preferred SIM for Calls > Choose Sim
4- Open Samsung dialer and make default.

Now perefrred sim is selected for what you have choosed in phone by google. Data will be use that sim is primary in your settings.

SophiaB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Works like a charm, thank you! There is no reason why Samsung can't do that šŸ˜’

0 Likes
Nandess
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Canada SAMSUNG S22 Ultra phone not supporting US spectrum esim for activation? Any suggestions to use esim. For now, using physical sim.
0 Likes