Original topic:

Question for Android developers

(Topic created: a month ago)
Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This question is for Android developers. I have a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and an iPhone 15 Pro Max. One morning, I unplugged the iPhone, which was at 100%, and went to work very early, at 5 a.m. I came back home at 2 p.m., and the iPhone was still at 100% on just standby. The next day, I did the same thing, except I left my Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra at 100% at 5 a.m. When I came home at 2 p.m., it was at 89% on standby. What's the reason why the Android OS can't preserve battery power as well as the iPhone? On standby?

11 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Yakko1 Just FYI, this is a user to user discussion area. It isn't a forum for getting information to developers. 

Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. I will send this directly to them.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
You really lost 11% that is too much
Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. From 100%. It was just sitting there from where I unplugged it before I left for work. I had all the apps closed in the background. And I have the same apps on the iPhone as well.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Be interested about any response you get back.
With all the battery optimizations for oneui6, standby battery savings is not one of them.

Were your network and notification settings the same for each of your phones? Even though apps are closed on android they can be working away in the backgroind getting notifications, polling for GPS, etc.
Try turning off background activitu for apps you don't need running. It is what sleeping and deep sleeping app setting is "supposed" to do.
Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung had sent me this response.

Thank you for submitting the error report. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We have raised this issue to our Developers for further evaluation. We will get back to you as soon as an update becomes available.

09/08, 8:17 AM

0 Likes
Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The sleeping and deep sleeping settings were already active. I used the power adaptive and light mode at the same time last week just to see if that works. The phone lost 4% from 100% within 9 hours. I'm fine with 96% of standby from 9 hours, but I feel that the operating system should be able to do that on its own without having to manually go into the phone to turn down feature settings.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Android 15 is suppose to have improved battery functioning not sure exactly what been changed
Yakko1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
That's what I have been reading, but we will see.
0 Likes