JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Off brand super fast charging block not working

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 07:45 PM)
thefanman64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a S24+. Since I left my official Samsung Super-fast charger at home, I decided I'd use the off brand one that I used to use with my S21. Yet now when I plug it in, it starts charging and then stops, then starts and does that indefinitely l. When I got home I used my official one, It worked fine. So I tried the off brand one on my HP chromebook, and it charged fine at full speed (45W). So is Samsung just blocking off brand fast charging now? Also if I set my phone to standard charging speeds it does not do this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have UGreen and Aukey fast chargers that I use to charge mine. I have yet to have an issue with either of them with my S24U.

Perhaps it is the specific brand of charger that you are using that is for some reason incompatible with your S24+?

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
They definitely are not blocking it, as I use two different off brands. What could be happening is that the brick and/or cable could be going bad or simply sending inconsistent watts.
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have UGreen and Aukey fast chargers that I use to charge mine. I have yet to have an issue with either of them with my S24U.

Perhaps it is the specific brand of charger that you are using that is for some reason incompatible with your S24+?
0 Likes
thefanman64
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm guessing it's because there cheap copys that my parents got in bulk for all the phones. I'll just throw it out since the chromebooks official charger fast charged my phone fine. I'll probably end up getting a Ugreen or something similar. Thanks for the help

picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You may run into issues if the charger doesn't have a switching profile for 45 watts that meets Samsung standard. The OEM 45 watt charger has its normal PD modes at 5v, 9v, 15v, 20v, and it also has a PPS profile that Samsung uses for 45 watts. That almost sounds like what happens whenever I try using an apple 20w block. Their chargers never charged my phones properly.
0 Likes
Naters69
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My anker nano 2 will not fast charge S24U either
0 Likes