Original topic:

Notifications closing apps

(Topic created: 03-03-2024 11:11 PM)
Members_PrF0JPE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I just finished setting up my S24 Plus. I've noticed that any app I'm in, when I receive a notification, the app will close and default to my home screen. It mainly happens when I get a text from Google Messages or a motion notification from Ring. For example, I could be reading an email, browsing the internet, checking sports scores, etc and as soon as I get a notification the app I'm in closes and goes to the home screen. Even when watching YouTube or YouTube TV, when I get a notification, these apps won't close, but they will minimize within my home screen.

I went into Notifications/App notifications and alerts are set to "Allow sound and vibration". In notification types, I've tried all allowed/not allowed combinations for the lock screen, badge and pop-up. I also deleted the cache for Ring and Google Messages and finally uninstalled/reinstalled them and the issue still persists.

I feel like it's something simple I'm overlooking. For reference, I used Samsung's Smart Switch app to transfer my data and settings from my S22. I didn't have this issue with my S22. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

2 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
This sounds like some sort of a software bug. If clearing the misbehaving apps' cache/data or uninstalling/reinstalling didn't alleviate the issue I would not try to wipe the cache partition which is good at clearing out these bugs. Here are the steps:
(Note works for all S24s)
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra/wipe-cache/
0 Likes
Solution
Members_PrF0JPE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I ended up installing the latest One UI update and the issue is gone. I'm not sure why, but notifications from Google Messages and Ring no longer close out the app I'm in.