Original topic:

No mobile data during call when using dual Sim on S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Chinnyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi members, 

I have been using the new mobile s24 ultra and it's been great for personal use. But I have seen some annoyances using dual Sim + mobile data during calling. Especially combining this mobile with work. 

Let's say I'm calling with Sim1 and mobile data also has been set on Sim1. Then it works, because it uses Volte. No problems here. If I call on sim2 and mobile data also has been set to sim2, also works well! 

But the problem arise when I am receiving a call on Sim1, and preferred mobile data use is on Sim2. Even though both sim cards have volte. I can't receive mobile data, I've read somewhere the S24U tries to get mobile data on the Sim card you are calling. BUT because the mobile data has been set on Sim2, you can't get internet access, because it's not allowed by the user, unless you use wifi. It looks like the mobile does not support DSDA(use mobile data simultaneously on both SIMs), which is a huge bummer. 

It drives me crazy not to be able to lookup things on the cloud when I'm calling. Does anyone know a solution for this issue? Or maybe it's a software issue within the mobile that should be fixed? Let me know any logs or info are needed from the phone. Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chinnyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have found the solution: go to 'Sim manager' and turn on 'Data switching and backup calling'.

When sim1 is in use during calling, it will use Sim2 for backup mobile data. So glad I found it and can lay this issue to rest.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Chinnyy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have found the solution: go to 'Sim manager' and turn on 'Data switching and backup calling'.

When sim1 is in use during calling, it will use Sim2 for backup mobile data. So glad I found it and can lay this issue to rest.

0 Likes