JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New phone storage issue (storage nearly full?)

(Topic created: 08-13-2024 04:34 AM)
Members_tVHyi2C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a brand new Galaxy s24 with 128 GB of storage. I've had this phone a week and last night a pop-up late on my screen that said low storage warning. When I look in the settings, it says 100 of 128 gigs used. System apps show 16 gigs used. I have 104 apps on my phone and when I did the math on them it didn't come close to the balance of 112 gigs. When I got the phone, it did update three successive updates could this be causing a problem? I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Once you opened the apps screen, did you sort them by size so that the largest apps would show at the top?

View solution in context

15 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Open phone settings and go to device care
Click on storage
Click Show more
And post a Screenshot of what it says
1723549011750.jpg1723549011769.jpg1723549011796.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Members_tVHyi2C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000000210.jpg

ā€ƒ

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

That would be correct you are running out of storage since you have 104GB of apps on your phone you would need to uninstall some the apps they all use more storage then what they say they use for cache and data.

Open phone settings and go to apps and then click on each one they will list storage inside of the app I have one that says 150mb but when i click on the app it shows 246mb 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Members_tVHyi2C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Why is this problem on this phone? I have no videos no photographs or anything of the like on this phone and I didn't have this problem with my Motorola. Even my previous Samsung Galaxy s20 Fe shows I've only used 100 gigs and I have the same apps on that phone.

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Don't know why you wasn't getting the low storage notifications on your other devices.  Too solve the problem you would need to uninstall some apps and the warning will go away until you reach the level that the notification will show up again.  Its always recommended to go with a higher storage option on phones instead of the 128gb version since its storage is always taken with apps and stuff I always recommend the 256 or 512GB versions to make sure you have enough storage for future apps and other downloads  

Members_tVHyi2C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Again, I have a Samsung Galaxy s20 Fe with 128 gigs. I have the same apps downloaded on that phone and I haven't even used 100 gigs total on that phone. If I can't figure it out by Saturday I guess I'll just return the phone and get something different. Thank you.

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Select the arrow next to "Apps", it will show which apps specifically are using the storage
Members_tVHyi2C
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I did that. System apps show 16.1 gigs. Downloaded apps only total 30 gigs. I added them three times. Even if you double that for cash files and data, I should be nowhere near 128 gigs. I've never had this problem with any of my phones and I usually buy mid-ranges.

Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Once you opened the apps screen, did you sort them by size so that the largest apps would show at the top?