JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home picture

(Topic created: 05-15-2024 06:21 AM)
useru49RhjP2K5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I would like to use the same home picture I had in my s7 in my new s24 cell.  The home screen pictures don't transfer with backup or smartswitch.

The picture gets zoomed a lot to fit into the dimensions of the s24 screen. The picture is wider than taller, kind of landscape.  

Is there an app that would let me crop the picture to fit the s24 screen?  I don't like having a colored backgroud with the picture shrunk in a frame as the s24 does.  i also fon't like the app tbat adds blurry backgrounds at the top and bottom of the smaller picture to fit the s24  screen.

Thanks!

4 Replies
MeNotYou84
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Photo editor would be the easiest. Or install any one of the hundreds of photo editors on the market
0 Likes
useru49RhjP2K5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried photo editor, couldn't crop what I wanted.
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

I would personally take the photo, and transfer it to a windows pc, and use MSPaint (yes mspaint) to adjust the photo size.  I use this option because it is effective, and free.  The Samsung image editor does not give full pixel by pixel control. 

Keep in mind that your end result picture should be in the 19.5 : 9 aspect ratio where the 19.5 is the height.  The best way to do this is to determine what part of the photo is to be cropped (sounds like the left and right)  In paint if you look at Properties for the image, it will give the dimensions.  Take the height dimension and divide this by 19.5, then multiply this by 9 to give you the target width. 

If you are not just cropping out the left or right of the photo and want something more centered, you may want to open another mspaint instance and set it to 2 pixels taller, and 2 pixels wider than the dimensions you calculated.  Then draw a red box that is a single pixel wide, making sure it is only on the outside edges.  Copy this and paste it onto your picture, and move it to how you like (making the background color transparent will give you a transparent "target" of the single red line).  When you have this centered the way you like it, select everything within the red box (not the red box itself), and either copy or cut this.  Open a new MSpaint window, set the dimensions to 1x1, and paste your image.  This will now resize the image to the exact dimensions of what was pasted, and this can now be saved (in the JPG format). 

This can now be used as the wallpaper without adding any boarders.

useru49RhjP2K5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you. I will try this
0 Likes