JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR AI IN 2025???

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 11:41 PM)
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Just read this article in Android Authority not certain how true this is?

I myself didn't notice this however am now going to to see if I can find this information as the article is describing.

Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
So I was considering upgrading from my S22 Ultra, and I really like the flat screen of the s24 Ultra. I really liked the curved screen at first, but it makes certain S pen usage and one-handed operation fairly un-easy. However, I discovered a few minutes ago the statement on Samsung's website where it says "*Galaxy AI features will be provided for free until the end of 2025 on supported Samsung Galaxy devices. Different terms may apply for AI features provided by third parties.
Now I'm second-guessing the upgrade. Is it a reasonable expectation that phone companies will eventually start charging for these features? Does anyone have further clarification on this statement? I tried to get on Samsung's website chat, but it says it's at its capacity and I keep getting kicked off. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Certain Camera cloud-based Ai features are what they are talking about. Not Ai on device.
I have the Pixel 8 pro as well as my S23U, I have yet to use Cloud Ai enhancements!
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, that helps. I guess that what I'm not entirely clear on is what is meant by "cloud-based" in this instance 🤔
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I remember them saying during the Unpacked that the items they were showing were on device with no need for network connection.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
That's good to know!! Thanks!
0 Likes
caddzooks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I would strongly urge Samsung to publish a clarification on this issue because it may already be affecting sales, as it is now trending and attracting significant media attention.
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, charging for Ai, 1 yr free and then you'll pay for it or it's shut down, I hope they do that right as well.

Cheers
3fees
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
We don't know that. The only thing we know for sure is that it's only GUARANTEED to be free through 2025. And, as previously mentioned, that will probably only be for the cloud based AI features. On device features (which is most of them) will almost certainly remain free
caddzooks
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So in other words everyone that uses one of these devices knows what is cloud-based and what is on-device features and functionality? This is not about rumor-mongering, it is about deceptive or misleading fine print.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't understand your question, I think there is a typo there
0 Likes