JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App Tip for Translator

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 11:31 PM)
yuro2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the s24 ultra, it really is very good, the apps for the use of translator are really good, real-time conversation, message translation, websites and chats.. but it would be incredible if they developed an environmental real-time translation app, that is, leave the device on a table and translate what a group of people says, recognizing different tones and reflecting them in different colors in the text... or be able to take it to the cinema and see the subtitles in real time. it is Just a suggestion, an idea. 
7 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
That will require a lot more power than what phones currently have.

You can use live transcribe and I believe you can select the language. I have to see how it works again when I get home as I am using my old tablet which doesn't have the transcribe feature.
0 Likes
yuro2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've tried it but it takes a long time and it mixes the speech of the different people, if the AI could be separated by tone of voice it would be great.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
That would require a lot of processing power that current chipsets don't have. Maybe in the future. As you you notices with what we have now it takes a long time let alone even being able to isolate each person. It'll be a while honestly.
0 Likes
yuro2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I think so, while we're going maybe on a couple more updates, it's just an idea for developers.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe it'll get there when they believe the power is there. Desktops can't barely do less than 3 voices currently at the $8000 price range last I read.
0 Likes
yuro2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Wow... it won't be easy then...
Solution
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
As AI matures and processing power for AI improves then it'll happen. It take 1 thing to make AI more efficient or a step up on processing power to take a leap forward.