JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AI generated text on wallpaper.

(Topic created: yesterday)
Aj1710
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My wallpaper on the s24 ultra is showing ai generated image even though I am using it from my own gallery. I have opted for the ambient temperature setting. Is it because of that? And is there any way to erase it from the wallpaper, if possible?

12 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Let me see if I have this right.  You selected an image from your gallery and then you selected an AI component to appear on the wallpaper, now you are complaining about the component you added?  I would think just turning off the component would solve your issue.

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I think they are talking about the AI Generated Image watermark that appears at the bottom of AI Generated images
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

That would be there as disclosure that they are using AI. I think it may be required.

0 Likes
Aj1710
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, that's right
0 Likes
skibik
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

I made some wallpaper from a photo and removed a few things and it added that wording in the bottom. The only way I was able to remove it was by cropping the bottom of the picture off to remove it. Makes no sense that Samsung has to add that to a photo, it I were to use an editor to doctor a photo it doesn't add anything to the photo. 

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Because when *you* edit, you are aware of the changes you are making.  When AI does it, you need to be informed - it might also involve copyright protections.

0 Likes
skibik
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

So why isn't this implemented in all photo editing software if it had anything to do with copyright infringements. This is a Samsung thing. I certainly don't need to be informed it is AI generated, I know already since I created it. If Samsung felt the need for me to know it could have been done outside of the photo itself. Doesn't make sense if one can crop it out anyway, maybe they should have stuck it right in the middle of the photo and really ruined the idea of using AI.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't work for Samsung, so I can't answer that. You can edit out a watermark on a copyrighted photo, but you still risk copyright infringement by doing so.

Bottom line is if you don't like the AI text, either don't use AI, or deal with it. I suspect that other brands incorporating AI are doing the same. I neither know nor care, as I choose to not use AI features, if at all avoidable and I don't remove watermarks from photos. Aside from copyright issues, it's disrespectful to the artist/owner/photographer.

You people pick the most ridiculous, innocuous things to get bent about.
0 Likes
skibik
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

You really don't get the point, why have a feature like this if it ruins the photo as an end result. This has nothing to do with copyright infringements if I took the photo and want to use a feature the phone has. 

What is ridiculous is your comment and you are really not contributing anything.