JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why am I not able to see an emergency contact on my lock screen?

(Topic created: 05-12-2024 05:02 PM)
EssGee
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a refurbished Galaxy A03s.  On my other phones it was VERY simple to have emergency information appear on the lock screen. I wake the phone and would see the time along with my emergency information. On this phone I have gone to settings => safety and emergency => emergency contacts. I have selected a contact and added to the list. I have pressed the show on lock screen button. So . . . why am I not seeing this information when I wake the phone? I have seen explanations that I have to select emergency call and then the information will be available. The contact is not showing.

??????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This information now displays when you long press on the power button and click medical info
1715575393888_1715575393878_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This information now displays when you long press on the power button and click medical info
1715575393888_1715575393878_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

EssGee
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for the reply.  What I am looking for is what I have on my other phone (LG) and tablet.  When the device is awakened, the lock screen appears and on that lock screen is the information I want to be shown.  In a worst case scenario a passerby wanting to help would need to see that information as quickly and as simply as possible.

0 Likes
59Hugh
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Not sure if you have solved this.  I have the same issue with a Samsung A73(5G).  It's a shame when people don't read simple questions correctly.  You can enter an emergency contact as described above, but it doesn't allow you to call them !  What I have done is to enter >Settings>Lock screen>Edit Lock screen, the keyed in ICE info.  You can also find it in the >Wallpaper and style section.  Up to 65 chars allowed.

EssGee
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for your reply. I kind of solved this by creating a jpeg with a black background and positioning the info I want displayed (white font) so it does not affect default Samsung info in the lock screen.  However, it may be by using this jpeg for the lock screen rather than Samsung's screen choices I cannot take advantage of the Edit Lock Screen feature.

Kind regards,

Scott.